Is That A Giant Peach?!? - OhBoyMom

Is That A Giant Peach?!?

June 17, 2014 in Family life

Little Dude's head

Little Dude’s head

No, but a good guess! It’s actually Little Dude’s beautiful head, which is now sprouting some newly grown hair!

Personally, I think he looked gorgeous without hair too, but one of the main reasons I am happy his hair is returning now is because I don’t want his head to get sunburned this summer while he’s out playing and swimming and having fun.  I now understand what a hazard it can be in the summer to be a bald guy…

The only reason I’d want him to NOT have hair this summer is for the past year, I have not had to worry about him contracting lice. Of course, that was about the only thing I didn’t have to worry about, so I’ll gladly welcome the risk of having those nasty critters invade our house. But just in case, if Little Dude’s hair grows much longer, we’re going straight to the barber shop!

Cathy Chester June 17, 2014 at 2:50 pm

Beautiful!!
Cathy Chester recently posted…My Day With Amy TanMy Profile

ohboymom June 17, 2014 at 6:18 pm

Thanks Cathy – we think so too. :)

Janine Huldie June 17, 2014 at 3:20 pm

Aww, yay for hair now!! :)
Janine Huldie recently posted…Pley – Lego Fan’s Dream Come TrueMy Profile

ohboymom June 17, 2014 at 6:18 pm

Thanks Janine – it’s fun to watch it grow in!:)

Sarah June 17, 2014 at 3:43 pm

Hooray!

Chris Carter June 17, 2014 at 5:10 pm

YAY for HAIR!!! And even more celebration of what it represents. <3
Chris Carter recently posted…For You, DadMy Profile

ohboymom June 17, 2014 at 6:15 pm

Thanks Chris and yes, I LOVE what it represents. :)

Stephanie @ Mommy, for Real. June 17, 2014 at 5:28 pm

That is some awesome fuzz right there! Hooray! And I had to laugh at the lice bit. Kind of a funny-but-not-really perspective check, eh? Happy summertime!
Stephanie @ Mommy, for Real. recently posted…Heartbreak and the Young EntrepreneurMy Profile

ohboymom June 17, 2014 at 6:15 pm

Yes true about the lice…we’ve had it THREE separate times in our house so I’m somewhat of a lice expert and yet I’ll do anything to avoid it!

Lana June 17, 2014 at 6:35 pm

What a cute little head! Ugh, lice. We only had it once, but once was enough. I can’t even imagine what it would be like with a little girl with long hair. You’d think by now there would be some better treatments. I hope you and your family have a WONDERFUL summer!
Lana recently posted…Marvelous Mexico Part IIIMy Profile

ohboymom June 18, 2014 at 10:27 am

I once treated my neighbor’s daughter for lice while she was at work. She had long, wavy hair…it was not easy!! We’ve had lice THREE times in our house so I consider myself somewhat of a reluctant expert…anyway, happy summer to all of you too!

Kristi Campbell June 17, 2014 at 11:12 pm

OMG LICE. I’m terrified of them. I think his head is adorable. Big adorable. <3
Kristi Campbell recently posted…Our Land: What is Beauty?My Profile

ohboymom June 18, 2014 at 10:29 am

Thanks, he does have a cute head.:) And don’t worry about lice — if T ever gets it (and I hope he doesn’t), call me — I’m an expert at treating it unfortunately!

Cynthia June 29, 2014 at 5:16 pm

Hooray! Here’s to happy summers, good health and wonderful family. Sending hugs!
Cynthia recently posted…Seashells on the BeachMy Profile

Julie Burton June 30, 2014 at 1:09 am

Gotta love the peach fuzz! Glad that little dude is doing well and that you continue to find the positive spins and humor in the “tough stuff.” That lice thing certainly is up there with one of the grossest things ever! I was a wreck when the critters found their way into a few of my kids’ hair…I could not stop itching!!
Julie Burton recently posted…The Agony and the Ecstasy of Being a Parent of an AthleteMy Profile