The Finish Line! - OhBoyMom

The Finish Line!

April 22, 2014 in Inspirational Stuff

LITTLE DUDE CROSSED THE FINISH LINE…HE HAD HIS LAST TREATMENT TODAY!

We are all too exhausted to celebrate at the moment, but that will come later. As I’ve said repeatedly, our family and friends have been so supportive to us over this past year, with their messages and gestures of love (and food!). But still, most people do not really KNOW what these long months have been like for Little Dude. And of course that’s understandable. However….

Today, Little Dude received a package from someone who knows all too well what he went through this past year. And I’m not just talking about the endless hours at the hospital, the long treatment days, and the awful side effects. I’m also talking about having a child who, for the past year, had to be home-schooled away from friends, who could not play sports, and who had limited play time with friends. A child who basically had to sit out from being a kid for a year. This person also understood that now is the time for him to reclaim his childhood and go back to doing the things he loves. And one of those things is baseball. Here’s what she gave him:

baseballset

LET’S PLAY BALL!!

BALLOONS

marjorie weschler April 22, 2014 at 5:23 pm

Congratulations and best wishes Little Dude (and Mom and Dad) I wish you great times on the baseball field.

ohboymom April 22, 2014 at 6:28 pm

Thanks Margie – we really appreciate your support.:)

Dorothy April 22, 2014 at 5:41 pm

So happy Little Dude’s treatments have to come to an end. Wishing you all much happiness and a few homeruns!!!
Dorothy recently posted…The Ladies LunchMy Profile

ohboymom April 22, 2014 at 6:28 pm

Thanks so much and for reading and supporting us along the way!

Chrissie Klinger April 22, 2014 at 6:10 pm

Looks awesome and hope the next year is full of fun!!!

WWK April 22, 2014 at 6:19 pm

So incredibly happy for you guys! YAY!! Hope there are a lot of baseball games ahead!

ohboymom April 22, 2014 at 6:27 pm

Thanks W – we all could not have made it through this past year without your support! xo

WWK April 22, 2014 at 7:15 pm

That’s too nice, Emily! Wishing you guys all the happiness in the world. You totally deserve it!

Kristi Campbell April 22, 2014 at 7:48 pm

Aw! I love that he gets to start getting back to being a kid and the baseball set is plain old awesome!! Congratulations to him, and to your whole family for hanging in there and laughing through the pain this past year. Here’s to a happy happy re-entry to kid-land for him and all of you!!
xoxox
Kristi Campbell recently posted…Thankful for the MomentsMy Profile

ohboymom April 22, 2014 at 9:37 pm

Thanks so much Kristi — I know I keep saying that, but I truly mean it. Online support can be just as important as IRL support — and our virtual friendship has given me strength and comfort throughout this year. xoxo

Mytwicebakedpotato April 22, 2014 at 7:55 pm

Extreme blessings for you and your son!! Congrats!
Mytwicebakedpotato recently posted…So…How Is It?My Profile

Janine Huldie April 22, 2014 at 8:24 pm

I have never been so happy to read this today and huge contrast to Little Dude for making it to the Finish Line today!! Truly was smiling reading this and again so thrilled for you all that this is hopefully behind you now :)
Janine Huldie recently posted…It’s My Party…J9 Designs Turn A Year OldMy Profile

ohboymom April 22, 2014 at 9:35 pm

Thanks so much Janine – it has helped so much to know we’ve had your support this past year. :)

Lisa @ The Golden Spoon April 22, 2014 at 9:55 pm

Congratulations to Little Dude and your whole family! I hope you have much health and happiness in the future!
Lisa @ The Golden Spoon recently posted…My Favorite Candy! {Tuesday Ten Linkup}My Profile

marina April 22, 2014 at 10:04 pm

Wow! The best news of the day! Little dude rocks. I am so happy for you and the family. You deserve only the smoothest road ahead!

ohboymom April 23, 2014 at 1:12 pm

Thanks Marina – we couldn’t have made it this far without all your support this year – it has meant so much to all of us! xoxo

Kelly April 22, 2014 at 10:41 pm

Congrats to Little Dude especially but also to your entire family…seemed like you all pulled together doing your parts to get through a most difficult time – You guys are all awesome and Little Dude is a true champion!

ohboymom April 23, 2014 at 1:11 pm

Thanks Kelly – I truly appreciate your support as well as all the times you made me laugh – which was often! :)

Chris Carter April 22, 2014 at 11:13 pm

So i wrote this long comment from the car on the way to a soccer game- crying while reading this post! I was on my phone- and somehow it DIDN’T GO THROUGH!! AHHH!

I am SO happy for the BOTH of you! Little Dude- it’s time to be a kid AGAIN and go PLAY BALL!!!!

Thank you God. This story has a happy ending. Oh thank you God.
Chris Carter recently posted…The Best Easter Gift I Could Give My Kids- BiblesMy Profile

ohboymom April 23, 2014 at 1:10 pm

Thanks Chris – I know you’ve been rooting for us and that means a lot!! xo

Jill April 22, 2014 at 11:18 pm

YAY!!! So glad everything is looking up! You did a phenomenal job!

Kerri April 23, 2014 at 12:38 pm

How strange is it that I want to do the happy dance for you? That I am so ecstatic that Little Dude can be dude and not dude who has to go for treatment today. That I’m so happy one person got it. They got he can now be a kid and its time to get back to that.

After you all take a nap. And eat some chocolate.
Kerri recently posted…A few words of advice….My Profile

ohboymom April 23, 2014 at 1:16 pm

I agree – so glad that one person got it, but she had been in my shoes not too long ago…thank you so much for your support and you now have my permission to do that dance, right after I eat my chocolate. :)

Julia April 23, 2014 at 2:31 pm

You are absolutely correct that most of us have no idea what Little Dude, and really your whole family, has gone through and is still going through this year. You have been amazing throughout – strong, graceful, protective, brave, loving to the nth degree, outraged when called for, thankful, mindful, seeing the positive in the dark and difficult days, the best mom ever, and still and almost unbelievably with your sense of humor in tact!! Really, I can only stand back in awe. It is FANTASTIC that Little Dude can now get back to being a kid and doing all those kid things he had to put aside for a year!!!

ohboymom April 23, 2014 at 8:17 pm

Julia, I am completely flattered by your praise! Although I really believe I am no different than any other mom who would do anything for her child. And yes I agree – so thrilled that he can get back to being a kid!

Kathy at kissing the frog April 24, 2014 at 12:51 am

Congrats Little Dude!! I’m so thrilled for you all. I hope you can make up for lost time this summer! xoxo
Kathy at kissing the frog recently posted…Do You Sleep Alone?My Profile