Welcome to Miami...Lebron James, Here We Come! - OhBoyMom

Welcome to Miami…Lebron James, Here We Come!

December 11, 2013 in Inspirational Stuff

Miami

Miami (Photo credits: www.roadtrafficsigns.com)

Yes, it’s actually happening…Little Dude’s Make-A-Wish to meet Lebron James was granted!

Thank you to EVERYONE who helped make this happen…including my readers who tweeted out our plea, my friends who made calls or sent emails to their “connections” on our behalf, and of course to the Miami Heat and Make-A-Wish, who are about to hugely brighten the lives of 35 kids who have been battling serious medical conditions.

I am so excited for all the kids and of course Little Dude…be sure to check back in with my blog next week when I post all about this experience. Right now, all we know is we are going to the American Airlines arena at 7:30 Friday morning and we will be hanging out there until 2pm…AND, on Saturday night, we all are going to the Miami Heat game versus Cleveland (Lebron’s former team)! It should be an unforgettable weekend for all the families…I hope to have lots of good photos too!

Until then, I leave you with Will Smith and his video, “Welcome To Miami” which I’ll be singing the whole way there tomorrow!

Dorothy December 11, 2013 at 8:48 am

Your good news makes me smile. I hope you. Little Dude, your family and the entire group have a wonderful trip to Miami and make lots of terrific memories!!
Dorothy recently posted…Committed to CommunityMy Profile

ohboymom December 11, 2013 at 11:54 am

Thanks and yes, it should be a memorable few days for all of us and especially Little Dude. I hope to post lots of photos soon!

Janine Huldie December 11, 2013 at 9:51 am

This is truly awesome and seriously so happy that Little Dude and the other boys are actually getting to go to Miami to meet Lebron James. So happy and smiling ear to ear on this for him!! :)
Janine Huldie recently posted…Personalized Puzzles Fit for Two Princesses ~ Thanks to Reagan’s Toy Chest, Plus 10% DiscountMy Profile

ohboymom December 11, 2013 at 11:53 am

Thanks Janine – I’m smiling ear to ear too.:)

Eric Poll December 11, 2013 at 10:36 am

Emily that is such great news! I was hoping a little prodding in the right ears would do the trick. You will love the weather down here. It has been in the mid-80′s all week. I’m sure you’ve seen how tan I am since being here. You will be glad to get away from the snow. I know I don’t miss it. Would love to see you but I know you’ll be busy when here and it is all about Little Dude.

ohboymom December 11, 2013 at 11:53 am

I didn’t realize you were still in Florida Eric…make sure that great weather doesn’t go anywhere! And yes, will be a busy weekend, but I promise to post photos from all the festivities!

Julia December 11, 2013 at 8:07 pm

Happy travels!! Amazing that it is really happening! Hope all the dudes have an awesome time together :)

Lisa @ The Golden Spoon December 11, 2013 at 9:24 pm

That’s awesome!! So happy for you & Little Dude!
Lisa @ The Golden Spoon recently posted…Tuesday Ten and Happy Birthday Megan!My Profile

Kelly December 11, 2013 at 11:49 pm

That’s so awesome! I am truly so excited for you guys! I can’t wait to see some photos!

Kristi Campbell December 12, 2013 at 12:19 am

HOLY CRAP I AM SO HAPPY!!!! YAY , you, Little Dude ant the power of Twitter and prayer. xoxoxo times infinity. I just can’t find the words for how happy I am :)

ohboymom December 16, 2013 at 11:01 am

Thanks Kristi – I appreciate you expressing your happiness for him, especially with one-handed typing! I’m hoping to do a follow-up post from the weekend soon…

Kristi Campbell December 12, 2013 at 12:20 am

and not ant – typing w one hand makes me seem dumber

Dana December 12, 2013 at 9:00 pm

How exciting and awesome! I have a dude of my own here who I can’t wait to share your follow up post with. Have a fabulous time!
Dana recently posted…The time I was in a Christmas flash mobMy Profile

Melanie Chisnall December 19, 2013 at 11:09 pm

I’ve been seeing all the photos on your Facebook page recently and Little Dude definitely looked over the moon with excitement! He must have been in his absolute element! Can’t wait to read more about it!
Melanie Chisnall recently posted…My Political Hero – A Nelson Mandela Painting from 2001My Profile

ohboymom December 21, 2013 at 5:21 pm

Yes he was thrilled (and still is…). I promise to post more about it when I receive all the photos!

Julie Burton December 21, 2013 at 11:25 am

I LOVE that you got to do this! That you helped make this happen for Little Dude and the others! Your strength and determination is inspiring to all of us but especially to Little Dude, I’m sure! AWESOME, Emily!!
Julie Burton recently posted…A Life Remembered And A Dream FulfilledMy Profile

ohboymom December 21, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Thanks Julie — it was truly a special weekend and Little Dude said it was the best time of his life — doesn’t get any better than that.:)