Wordless Wednesday: Geronimo!! - OhBoyMom

Wordless Wednesday: Geronimo!!

February 20, 2013 in Wordless Wednesday

Costa Rica – Jumping off rocks

This picture was taken in Costa Rica in 2010. We vacationed there with three other families and had a fantastic time. On one of our excursions, we went zip-lining through the jungle. I’d show you those photos, but I couldn’t find any that showed the sheer terror in my face. Halfway through the zip-lining experience, our guides took us to this lagoon, where you could jump off the rocks and swim. The kids couldn’t wait to get into the water for a refreshing break. That’s Big Dude jumping in. I love this angle, because with his long outstretched arms, I think he almost looks like a bird flying over the water.

If you want to join Wordless Wednesday, visit Cyndi over at Pictimilitude to link-up your photo or else check out some of her amazing photography!

Melanie Chisnall February 20, 2013 at 1:59 am

What a brilliant shot! It really does look like he’s flying over the water. Costa Rica sounds like a lot of fun, I’m going to have to put that one on my bucket list!!

ohboymom February 20, 2013 at 12:59 pm

Yes I highly recommend a trip to Costa Rica – it’s beauty and adventure in one place!

Janine Huldie February 20, 2013 at 7:14 am

This picture is amazing and looked like he had a blast, too. Thanks for sharing and hope you are having a great time on your vacation now!! :)

Joan Veronica Robertson February 20, 2013 at 9:17 am

Fantastic photo! Makes me think of the Condor of the Andes! And that water looks really inviting, I miss swimming so much! Can’t do it any more. Old age stinks! See you around!

Mary Anne F51 February 20, 2013 at 10:27 am

These are the ones you try so hard to get! Great shot!

Cyndi February 20, 2013 at 11:10 am

This is fantastic! I love the image of him “flying like a bird” – and I LOVE Costa Rica! That is one beautiful place! I visited there back in 97 and can’t wait to go back.

ohboymom February 20, 2013 at 12:58 pm

Me too – cant wait to go back there some day!

Mommyproof February 20, 2013 at 12:13 pm

Um, this is awesome. I’m half-excited, half-terrified for the day when my son is old enough to want to do stuff like this (and I’m sure my husband will encourage it. He already wants to take him rock climbing and skiing, and the wee one’s not even 2) :) xox

ohboymom February 20, 2013 at 12:57 pm

Yes we moms of boys need nerves of steel!

Diana @ NannyToMommy February 20, 2013 at 4:18 pm

Amazing and very scary!

Inviting you to drop by and share your WW post at my Linky, if you are interested. :)

ohboymom February 20, 2013 at 10:42 pm

Thank you for the invite…maybe I’ll join next week. I’m away on vacation right now and have pre-scheduled my posts/link-ups.

whencrazymeetsexhaustion February 21, 2013 at 4:02 pm

Oh this makes me want summer even more!!!! Great shot from a great perspective!

Kristi February 21, 2013 at 7:05 pm

What a cool flying-boy picture! Awesome! I’d have loved to see the one of you zip-lining, too, but maybe the terror on your face is better in my head. Hope you’re having a great time on vacation!

ohboymom February 22, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Trust me, it’s best to keep that image of me zip-lining in your head…I’m sure it’s much better than what I’d post! :)

Kristi February 22, 2013 at 9:57 am

Hi Emily,
I went ahead and tagged you, in spite of your high maintenance request about traveling, blah blah. ;)
Whenever you get around to it, the questions are here: http://www.findingninee.com/tag-youre-it/
I obviously didn’t answer them all. I’ll look forward to seeing how you chose to play!

ohboymom February 22, 2013 at 4:10 pm

Okay, I’ll check out those questions and hope to get to them next week – thanks (I think)!

Rich Rumple February 22, 2013 at 11:07 am

Great shot! Had the chance to go to Costa Rica once to hunt the Fer-de-lance snake, but couldn’t get the time away from work. Always regretted that. Glad you all had a great time!

ohboymom February 22, 2013 at 4:09 pm

Luckily I didn’t see any snakes while I was there, but I’m sure if you decide to go there someday, you’ll find that snake!

Kelly February 27, 2013 at 7:50 pm

We did that in Mexico! It was scary but so much fun!

I love your picture Emily! That is the coolest!

ohboymom February 28, 2013 at 4:58 pm

Thanks…you’re braver than I. I watched my kids jump in, but I stayed safely up on the rocks. Just call me “wimp.”

Kelly February 28, 2013 at 7:43 pm

I did it upside down Emily! I could not stop laughing so I could scream to make them stop pushing me:) lol then the kids felt like wimps so they followed suit. So fun! Best part is…our kids will never forget it.

ohboymom February 28, 2013 at 8:23 pm

You are right – the kids will never forget it, especially if the parent risks his/her life making them laugh. :)