The Gargie Award! - OhBoyMom

The Gargie Award!

January 20, 2013 in Uncategorized

I Won The Gargie Award!

Just when you think there are no more blogger awards out there, another one comes along where you ask yourself, “now who came up with that name and picture?” Well, thanks to Janine at Confessions of a Mommyaholic, I’ve been awarded this cute gargie! I just don’t want to meet up with him in a dark alley any time soon. But, in all seriousness, I am truly flattered to be honored with this award, especially from Janine, who is a fellow blogger I so admire for her non-stop energy and motivation to write blogs every single day. If you haven’t checked out her blog yet, you should because she writes with a wonderful honesty and sense-of-humor about being a mom to her two beautiful little girls. THANK YOU Janine!

Here are the very simple rules to the Gargie Award (and I do so appreciate a simple award on a lazy Sunday):

• Display the award badge on your site
  • Publish a post to inform the world of your great achievement
  • Nominate some fellow bloggers who have been outstanding in their field or perhaps you admire
  • Indicate to your nominees that they have received the award.

This is always the hardest part for me, because there are so many bloggers I could easily nominate. So, today I will pick four people whose blogs I always look forward to reading each week.

Melanie at Scribbles and Smiles

Vikki at Laugh Lines

Kelly at The Real Housewife

Amy at Adorable Chaos

Congratulations to you all! You are all so deserving of having this little gargoyle up on your mantle with the other awards you may have received! Enjoy!

Stacy Harris January 20, 2013 at 6:47 pm

Congratulations on your award… and I love this award… even if I am not entirely sure what it means! :) You are definitely a deserving recipient!

ohboymom January 20, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Thanks and I’m not too sure what it means or who that little gargie-guy is…he looks like Yoda’s brother to me. :)

Janine Huldie January 20, 2013 at 6:55 pm

Congrats to you again and my absolute pleasure to pass this onto to you. Also, loved who you picked and seriously I could have picked over 20 people for this and just knew I had to leave some for others to pick, but love all my bloggy friends!! :)

ohboymom January 20, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Thanks so much again and same here — like I said on Facebook, I think all the Bloggy’s deserve an award!

Cyndi January 20, 2013 at 7:00 pm

Yippee! Congrats on your award! You’re so awesome you’re peppergasm! HAHAHA.

ohboymom January 20, 2013 at 8:13 pm

HA! Thanks and I’m loving that new word of yours — it’s as good as awesomesauce!

Kelly January 20, 2013 at 7:17 pm

Emily! Thank you SO MUCH! I thought I had a really cool weekend – just me and the hubs ran around town just sightseeing! We had lunch…went out for a drink…and then I check in and see this? Well it just beats all! I look up to you as a blogger :-).

Well I’m going to have to blurb …ER blog about this! Lol

Thanks again…I mean it this just topped the weekend fun for me!

ohboymom January 20, 2013 at 8:11 pm

So glad I could make your day (although your weekend sounded REALLY cool to me!) and believe me, the admiration for you as a blogger is mutual! :)

Amy January 20, 2013 at 7:36 pm

Congrats on the very unique reward! And thank you for passing it on. :)

ohboymom January 20, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Of course – just hope the little Gargie-guy didn’t scare you like he did me when I first saw him. :)

Terrye January 20, 2013 at 9:59 pm

Congratulations on your multiple wins, Emily! Very well deserved! And your nominations are rockin as well! :)

ohboymom January 20, 2013 at 10:31 pm

Thanks and congrats back at ya! We all rock! :)