I am grateful, I truly am: I received two blogging awards in one day! First, I received the Liebster Award from Kristi over at Finding Ninee. According to Kristi, Liebster means “favorite” and well, she should know that she is definitely one of MY new, favorite bloggers that I’ve been following. Kristi blogs about her son Tucker, as she navigates the “Middle World” of having a child on the spectrum, but without a definitive autism diagnosis. Throughout her posts, Kristi weaves in her wonderful sense-of-humor as she discusses the issues, frustrations, and joys of having a child with developmental delays. So, thank you very much Kristi for this honor!
The second award, The Versatile Blogger, came from Janine at Confessions of A Mommyaholic. I have mentioned Janine before because she is a daily part of my blogging life. We are in a blogging support group together and faithfully read each other posts. Janine appears to be tireless, as she writes every single day about her adventures with her two mischievous and adorable little girls. I admire her energy and never-ending enthusiasm for blogging. So, a huge thank-you to you Janine!
And…as I was typing this, I was awarded the Versatile Blogger award AGAIN by Ruchira of Abracabadra. Ruchira’s blog offers a daily mantra and I love the way she conveys these important pieces of wisdom. Thank you Ruchira – I truly appreciate it!
Now, both of these blogging awards come with their own set of rules. Instead of making a really, long post that combines the rules of both, I am going to bend the rules slightly and condense what I need to do. Otherwise, I fear I’d bore you all to tears…after all, there is only so much you want to know about me. So, in the interest of time and keeping you on this page, here are the rules for the Liebster/Versatile Blogger combo award:
Post the award badges on your blog.
Thank the person who gave you the award. Thank you again Kristi, Janine and Ruchira!
Either: Tell 9 interesting facts about yourself OR answer the 9 questions posted below.*
Nominate other deserving bloggers to be recipients of these awards.
Let them know you nominated them.
*Note: The Liebster says 11 facts; Versatile says 7. I’m going with 9 to average it out.. I’ve chosen to answer 9 of Kristi’s 11 questions and that will qualify as my 9 facts about me. I know that seems like cheating, but I’m trying to keep you all reading here! Here are Kristi’s questions:
1. If you could have one wish that didn’t earn you money and didn’t magically fix something, what would it be? Well, I’m not sure if this qualifies as “fixing something” but I’d bring back to life all the people in my life who died too young and I’d cure everyone who is fighting cancer and other terrible diseases. I couldn’t stop at one, sorry.
2. How would you describe your personal style? Relaxed, casual. (i.e., yoga pants chic?)
3. What three words do you think your closest friends would use to describe you? Loyal, extremely sensitive (but in a good way!), and loves to laugh.
4. If your house were on fire, and your family and pets safe, what three items would you attempt to save? Photo albums, photo albums, and photo albums! (the ones I have before the digital age).
5. Do you believe in plastic surgery? A few years ago, I would have said ‘no.’ Now that I’m a few years away from the half-century mark, my answer is “if you think it will make you feel better about yourself, then go for it.”
6. What’s number one on your bucket list? Having a book published. And going on an African safari is number two.
7. If you had one hour of secret free time, how would you use it? Hmm, that’s a toss up between a facial or going to that indoor trampoline place my kids have visited. It looks so cool – I want to jump too!
8. Beer, wine, mixed drinks, soda, or water? Chardonnay, followed by Stella Artois beer. Non-alcoholic choice would be iced tea, which I need to have nearly every single day.
9. Are you afraid of the dentist? No, not until I ran into him at a party once and he was drunk. You do not want to see your dentist drunk.
Hope you enjoyed my answers…Now, the most difficult part. I am not sure who to pass my combo award on to because there are so many amazing bloggers out there AND what’s more, so many of them have already received one or both of these awards. So, if you’re receiving this again, just know you are super-awesome and if you are not receiving this, it just means I assumed you already did! (How’s that for covering all angles?). The bloggers to receive the Liebster/Versatile Blogger Combo Award are:
Roshni of BigALittleA
Mary Anne of Forever-51
Katherine of Can I Get Another Bottle of Whine
Heather of The Destiny Manifest
Congratulations to all of you! Now go put your combo award up on the virtual mantle with all the others!