Happy 12/12/12! There’s lots going on today, from parties to Hurricane Relief concerts and yes, awards to be handed out. Thank you, thank you to Kelly of The Real Housewife! She awarded me this latest honor of Beautiful Blogger and I’m truly flattered. Kelly writes a blog that is hilarious and real so please check it out if you haven’t already. I always look forward to Kelly’s posts because I know I’m going to laugh…This award follows the same rules as the others. I must first tell you some interesting facts about myself before passing it on to someone else. This is becoming more difficult because I’m running out of things to write. I think I’m interesting, but not THAT enthralling. I’ve decided to focus this group of facts on my education and work experience. Sounds boring, I know, but I think these facts are sort of fun:
- I went to The University of Michigan and so did my husband. We are loyal Wolverine fans and we love Ann Arbor — best college town in the country. Go Blue!
- I have my M.B.A. in marketing from The University of Chicago, which is known as one of the more quantitative business schools in the country. However, I have trouble helping my kids with their math homework, especially word problems! I can’t do them!!
- I was once fired from a summer job working in a tennis apparel store. I cried and the rest of the employees protested so they re-hired me the next day.
- My first job out of college was for an ad agency. Both men that I reported to were having affairs. It was Mad Men in the 1980′s.
- I started a new job in Citibank’s marketing department when I was 3 1/2 months pregnant but they didn’t know. I told them I was pregnant on my 2nd official day on the job. They pretended to be pleased about the news.
- Speaking of pregnancies, I was the Brand Manager for Clearblue Easy home pregnancy test and Clearplan Easy home ovulation kit for several years. I know more about getting pregnant than the average person. I was also the first person in the office to know who was pregnant, because a co-worker would secretly come ask me for a test to bring home.
- One of my favorite jobs was working at the A.S.P.C.A. in the marketing department. The job itself wasn’t so great, but our offices were on the same floor as the officers that rescued animals. One time they rescued a baby alligator that someone was keeping in their bathtub in NYC. They brought the gator into our office (with his mouth taped shut) and I pet him. I sometimes brought my own dog to work there (another perk) but he kept eating everyone’s leftover lunch out of the garbage, so that was a short-lived benefit.
And now it’s time to pass this wonderful award on to another deserving beautiful blogger. This is always so hard, not only because there are so many great bloggers out there, but because so many of them may have already received this award! I can’t keep track so if the two people I chose are receiving this for a second or a third time, well, all I can say is you deserve it again!
The first is Michelle of Muses From the Deep: short stories, poems, and reflections. Her short stories are so creative and thought-provoking. She immediately draws you in, and always seems to surprise you with an unexpected ending. Her poetry is also beautiful and enviable and that is why she so deserves a Beautiful Blogger award!
The second is Mary Anne of Forever 51. Oh does she make me laugh! Although I’m not 50 yet (although I’m not that far away either), I can so relate to her posts of raising a teenager, joking about botox, and asking Santa for her boobs back. Mary Anne definitely qualifies as another Beautiful Blogger in my book!
Congratulations to you both!
While I’d like to sit around and gaze at my latest blogging award, it’s time to get busy on this day of 12′s. I actually have some holiday shopping to do. More specifically, I have to START my holiday shopping…Gulp.