We recently returned from our annual August vacation to Cape Cod. As I stare at the Thule carrier that will remain on top of my car for many more weeks until my husband remembers to take it off, I am reminded of ten reasons why it may be better to stay home.
- Packing. I’ll admit that packing for three boys is a lot easier than packing for three girls but still, the boys want the BIG items like fishing poles, bikes and golf clubs. Our car looks like a traveling circus by the time we’re all set to go.
- You still won’t be able finish that book on the beach, by the pool, or in that inviting hammock.
- Your kids will still fight in a new environment.
- Rainy days are even harder away from home, especially since you left the Xbox at home.
- You’ll never, ever get the sand out of your car.
- You’ll still have to entertain your kids.
- Your kids will complain endlessly without their electronic toys.
- You will eat WAY more than you do at home and thus, you will WEIGH more at the end of the vacation.
- It’s not relaxing, AT ALL.
- Unpacking and 12 loads of laundry.
Although, there is still one very important reason why I prefer taking the vacation to staying home. For me, the mom who hates to cook with every morsel of her being, I am beyond thrilled when we have an excuse to eat out for many of our meals. Blissfully happy! What’s the main reason you like to go on family vacation? Please comment below or tweet me your reason. I’d love to hear it!